Workplace giving benefits more than the nonprofit organizations who receive employee donations. It is also a benefit to employers and employees.
Employees pledge to donate an amount of each paycheck to the federations / nonprofits of their choice.
- Donor Benefits: Employees are freed from writing checks to several nonprofits and can break up a significant annual gift into manageable small contributions.
- Charity Benefits: Nonprofits know in advance they’ll be receiving a regular gift from you and the thousands of other employees who donate. They build your gift into their budget and plan to use your donation wisely.
- Employer Benefits: You have the ability to increase your company’s philanthropic presence in the community with little additional cost.
Many workplaces plan kickoff events and presentations where employees can learn about their giving options and build teamwork through fun events and activities.
- Donor Benefits: Employees can bond with co-workers and have fun. If you invite the funds and federations to the event, employees get to ask their questions directly to the people who will receive their donation. This helps them discover and connect to nonprofits that they’re most interested in supporting.
- Charity Benefits: Charities appreciate any opportunity to connect to people, tell them their stories, and help them understand why their work is important. It also helps charities better understand the questions donors have about their programs.
- Employer Benefits: Campaigns are designed around the culture of your workplace and can be as high energy or as low-key as you want. Activities associated with the campaign are great resources for team building and expanding the connections between employees. It also introduces your employees to resources in their community they may not know about.
Choice in Giving
Multi-federation campaigns are a great way to offer a broad range of charitable options in a streamlined, easily accessible manner.
- Donor Benefits: Employees have the ability to support broad issue areas or target their giving to individual organizations. They can also discover new community resources.
- Charity Benefits: Organizations increase their exposure to potential donors and individuals who may benefit from the resources and services they have to offer.
- Employer Benefits: A multi-federation campaign increases the impact of your corporate philanthropy to support organizations not already part of a matching gift program or your corporate philanthropy.
Employees who give through the workplace campaign can opt to have their names and contact information passed along to their chosen nonprofit.
- Donor Benefits: Most of us want to confirm that our money went where we intended, and IRS regulations around proof of charitable contributions are now more stringent. Plus, there’s no better way to make sure your contribution is working than getting a nonprofit’s newsletter and updates. Donors can always opt out of receiving additional information, yet still receive the information required for tax purposes.
- Charity Benefits: Charities want to thank donors and connect a name to each gift. This is how they build communities of people who support their work and connect people to volunteer opportunities.
- Employer Benefits: You can extend the relationship with participating organizations beyond workplace giving to other employee involvement, volunteer or education opportunities, if this meets the goals of your company.