Each of us is pretty attuned to recognize injustice when we see it. We might not use that language but we do know when things aren’t fair. When one person or a group seems to get preferential treatment or someone is discriminated against because of their age, race, ethnic background, political views, gender or sexual orientation. Deep down we all believe everyone should be treated equally; everyone should have the same access to the benefits of our great society.
Community Shares USA and its member federations support over 1000 organizations at work in communities across the country.
Social and Economic Equity
- Make visible those places where institutional policies aren’t being fairly applied to everyone.
- Give voice to those individuals being hurt by the policies of discrimination and exclusion.
- Develop and implement strategies to bring about positive change for fairness and equity.
- Create awareness of the impact we have on the Earth, so that we can make personal changes to lessen our impact.
- Call attention and give voice to the communities and individuals that have suffered the impact of toxics and other environmental contaminants.
- Develop and implement strategies that protect the health of the individual, the community and the world.